Candidates for this exam are developers or infrastructure administrators who also have subject matter expertise in working with people, processes, and products to enable continuous delivery of value in organizations.
DevOps engineers must have experience with administering and developing in Azure, with strong skills in at least one of these areas. They should be familiar with both Azure DevOps and GitHub.
The English language version of this exam was updated on July 13, 2022. Please download the study guide listed in the “Tip” box to see the current skills measured. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam was updated on July 13, 2022. Download the study guide in the preceding “Tip” box for more details about the skills measured on this exam.
- Configure processes and communications (10—15%)
- Design and implement source control (15—20%)
- Design and implement build and release pipelines (40—45%)
- Develop a security and compliance plan (10—15%)
- Implement an instrumentation strategy (10—15%)
Two ways to prepare
DevOps engineers design and implement strategies for collaboration, code, infrastructure, source control, security, compliance, continuous integration, testing, delivery, monitoring, and feedback.