Candidates for this exam implement, manage, and monitor security and compliance solutions for Microsoft 365 and hybrid environments. The Microsoft 365 security administrator proactively secures Microsoft 365 enterprise environments, responds to threats, performs investigations, and enforces data governance. The Microsoft 365 security administrator collaborates with the Microsoft 365 enterprise administrator, business stakeholders, and other workload administrators to plan and implement security strategies and ensures that the solutions comply with the policies and regulations of the organization.
Candidates for this exam are familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and have strong skills and experience with identity protection, information protection, threat protection, security management, and data governance. This role focuses on the Microsoft 365 environment and includes hybrid environments.
The English language version of this exam was updated on May 4, 2022. Please download the study guide listed in the “Tip” box to see the current skills measured.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam was updated on May 4, 2022. Download the study guide in the preceding “Tip” box for more details about the skills measured on this exam.
- Implement and manage identity and access (35—40%)
- Implement and manage threat protection (25—30%)
- Implement and manage information protection (10—15%)
- Manage governance and compliance features in Microsoft 365 (20—25%)
Two ways to prepare
Microsoft 365 security administrators proactively secure Microsoft 365 enterprise and hybrid environments, implement and manage security and compliance solutions, respond to threats, and enforce data governance.