The table of contents (TOC) for APEX content on docs.microsoft.com is generated from TOC.md or TOC.yml files; these files provide cross-article navigation and exist at multiple levels within a repository folder structure to provide the right level of scoped navigation.
Updates to the first-level nodes in the TOC require approval from a designated business approver for the repository to ensure correct business alignment across products or services. To request such changes:
- Create a pull request with your changes.
- @ mention the business approver in your pull request to seek business approval for the change.
- The business approver notes their feedback in the pull request.
- If the business approver agrees to the change, sign off on the pull request. If the business owner does not approve the change, close the pull request.
- Pull request reviewers will verify that the PR meets all criteria for publishing.
Updates to second- or third-level nodes do not require approval and can be submitted directly through pull requests into a repo, where they will be reviewed as standard content updates.
For content in the azure-docs-pr repo, all updates to the Overview, Quickstarts, and Tutorials sections in any TOC require review and sign off by Carol, Tyson, or Kris (in GitHub - czeumault, tysonn, kriscrider). PR reviewers need to contact these approvers by email with a link to the PR and a request for approval.
See the business approvers and repos list.