TBD: Confirm all links
- Installing Camtasia and getting a license.
- Overview of Camtasia and Product Tour and Learning Center (from TechSmith)
- Understanding the Camtasia Interface
- Capturing action from the computer screen
- Creating, editing, and producing the video with Camtasia
- Camtasia Brownbag #1 (slide deck)
- Video Production Presets
More Camtasia Resources
- Camtasia Day of Learning 1
- Importing PowerPoint Slides Individually to Camtasia as Clips
- Creating Video Home Pages
Used for editing audio and video and for recording action from the computer screen. This is the most-often used screencapture and video editing tool in BPD. We have many licenses that are shared across the organization.
Used for editing audio and video and for recording action from the computer screen. Free from producstweb.
High-end video and audio editing software. Very expensive. We have 1 or 2 single licenses within BPD. These licenses are not shared but if you need something specific done that can only be done with Premiere, contact mihart.
Free software for recording audio and removing audio noise. The Office team has posted some tips for using Audacity.
Free software that is used to adjust audio. The Office team has posted some tips for using Levelator. (the version of Levelator on the official site does not currently run under Windows 8; if you have trouble, download a copy from CNET)
Is basically Camtasia Lite. Free.
Cameras and Microphones
BPD owns at least one slip camera and a Zoom H2 minicorder. Most phone headsets can be used to record voiceovers as well. Additionally:
- All types of equipment can be borrowed from MSAV Services.
- Office also has some great equipment, but I haven’t confirmed yet that we can use it.
- Equipment Corner Videos - really fun videos that teach you how to use some of the equipment