OPS will only allow you to add locales for those locales we support in our end points. This is to ensure that you are not adding a locale that is not supported.
Check if the desired locale is already supported by OPS portal
- Go to the OPS Portal.
- Sign into the portal with either your GitHub or VSTS credentials.
- On the left navigation, search for the docset name you would like to add locales to.
- Select the docset.
- Click on the settings button and click on "Manage Localized Repos"
- The supported locales are listed
If the desired locale is not listed in OPS portal
This means you need to request the addition of a new locale. Please enter a request in SiteHelp portal, as this can be done only by APEX Shanghai. Choose trying to author/publish content for review.microsoft.com option and include:
- Date for when you want to start loc:
- Locales - List the locales that you need support.
Engineering Process to add new locales
- Add templates for new locales,This is a pre-requisite, all later steps have dependency on this being completed
- Add new locales in language picker, please contact Duncan Mackenzie
- Add new locale for legal page, please contact Eman Shaheen
- Inform localization team for new locales need to be translated, make sure all localization tools support these locales. Inform Sonja Saltzman.
- Add locale fallback logic for the newly added locales, please contact Zhiliang Xu
- Once the locales are added in OPS portal, user can create localized repos for content, provision OPS, and request provisioning OL.