If you are migrating your content from MTPS (published with PWS or the Build Sytem) to Open Publishing, we recommend to apply 301 redirection from the MTPS content to the OP content.
It is important to coordinate the redirection with your go live date. Otherwise, search engines might penalize your content for being published in two different sites.
3 days before going live, open a ticket for our team to work on the redirection:
- Go to MSDNHelp site
- Select the tile labeled Customer Support Requests.
- Allow the application to access your account info
- Download and fill out the Redirect or Remove template.
- Under Request type, please select "Redirect".
- Add the date you will go live in the Description field.
- Click on Submit.
- Please make sure you fill out the filled redirection template.
Our Service Engineer will contact you with any questions and to coordinate the redirection.
On the day you go live
- Publish your OP content live.
- Notify the Service Engineer that your content is live and he can do the redirection.
You do no need to re-publish your MTPS content. We will set the content as NoIndex/NoFollow and remove it from search engines for you as part of the redirection.