- Appveyor is an app that we, Docs, use to automate and validate some reference-related processes.
- Every reference project needs its own AppVeyor project.
How to create a reference appveyor project
- You have admin permissions in AppVeyor.
- You already have a repo in GITHUB (not VSTS) where you plan to process the documentation, this is not the repo where the code is hosted. Permissions from Github are already available.
- You already have everything configured on the documentation repo, including an appveyor.yml file.
- You added the VSC-Service-Account alias as admin to the repo that has the appVeyor file.
Steps to Create a new appveyor project
- Go to https://ci.appveyor.com/login and login.
- Click the "New Project" link.
- Select Github.
- Look for the name of the repo that will host the documentation (not the code) and click "Add".
- Trigger a new build manually and if everything is configured properly it should pass.
if you want your build to run every 6 hours, add this under the build schedule box: 0 */6 * * *