- These Sample Terms for Cortana Skills do not purport to accurately describe the relationship you want to have with End Users or the manner in which they will interact with your skill. You should edit or revise these Sample Terms for Cortana Skills as needed.
- These Sample Terms for Cortana Skills are not localized to every jurisdiction in which your skill might be available. You are responsible for ensuring that your skill complies with local laws, including that any terms you use for your skill to comply with local laws.
- Microsoft makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties about the Sample Terms for Cortana Skills. For example, Microsoft does not guarantee that the Sample Terms for skills are legally enforceable or comply with local laws. Microsoft also does not guarantee the Sample Terms for Cortana Skills anticipate every legal scenario.
- Your use of these the Sample Terms for Cortana Skills is your agreement with your end users and Microsoft is not liable for any and all liability, claims, damages, or losses which may be sustained in connection with use of the Sample Terms for Cortana Skills (such as a court concluding that they are unenforceable or a regulator deciding that they are illegal under local law).
SAMPLE TERMS FOR CORTANA SKILLS
These terms are an agreement between you and skill publisher for the use of the skill available through Cortana and Cortana enable devices (“Cortana Services”). Please read them. They apply to your use of the Company Skill, including any updates to the skill, unless skill publisher provides you with separate terms, in which case those terms apply. Skill publisher means the entity making the skill available to you, as identified in the Cortana Skill description.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO AND MUST NOT USE THE SKILL.
By accepting these terms, you represent that you are at least 18 years old or have reached the age of majority where you live, if that is more than 18 years of age. If you are under 18 or have not reached such age of majority, your parent or legal guardian must accept these terms on your behalf.
If you comply with these terms, you have the rights below.
- USE: You may use the skill for the sole purpose of interacting with the service provided by skill publisher through Cortana Services. The Company reserves all other rights.
- RESTRICTIONS: You may not:
- Work around any technical limitations of the skill;
- Modify, reverse engineer or otherwise alter the skill (except to the extent this is authorized by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation);
- Use the skill in any way prohibited by law, regulation, governmental order or decree;
- Use the skill to:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- engage in activity that is false or misleading or that is harmful to you, others (including children), or the skill or Cortana Service (e.g., transmitting viruses, communicating hate speech, or advocating violence against others);
- share inappropriate content, advertising, spam, spyware or malware;
- gain (or attempt to gain) unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
- Infringe upon the rights of others;
- Use the skill anywhere other than through the Cortana Services where the skill publisher has made it available, unless the skill publisher has enabled such uses;
- Remove, modify, or tamper with any notice or link that is incorporated into the skill.
- TERMINATION: If skill publisher believes that you are making unauthorized use of the skill or that you are in violation of these terms, it may suspend or terminate your access to skill publisher’s service with or without notice. This may result in a loss of your data.
- YOUR CONTENT: You grant to skill publisher the right to use any content that you submit via the skill as necessary for skill publisher to provide the service to you.
- TECHNOLOGY AND EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The skill may be subject to United States or international technology control or export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the skill.
- SUPPORT SERVICES. Contact the skill publisher to determine if any support services are available.
- APPLICABLE LAW.
- United States and Canada. If you acquired the skill in the United States or Canada, the laws of the state or province where you live (or, if a business, where your principal place of business is located) govern the interpretation of these terms, claims for breach of them, and all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition, and tort claims), regardless of conflict of law principles.
- Outside the United States and Canada. If you acquired the skill in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
- LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. This agreement doesn’t change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country don’t permit it to do so.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The skill and the service accessed via the skill are provided “as is” “with all faults” and “as available”. You bear the risk as to its quality and performance. The skill publisher gives no express warranties, guarantees, or conditions in relation to the skill. To the extent permitted under your local laws, skill publisher excludes any implied warranties or conditions, including those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. To the extent not prohibited by law, if you have any basis for recovering damages, you can recover from the skill publisher only direct damages up to the amount you paid for the skill or USD$1.00, whichever is greater. You will not, and waive any right to, seek to recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages from the bot publisher. If your local laws impose a warranty, guarantee or condition even though these terms do not, its duration is limited to 90 days from when you begin using the skill.
- This limitation applies to:
- Anything related to the skill or services made available through the skill; and
- Claims for breach of contract, warranty, guarantee, or condition; strict liability, negligence, or other tort; violation of a statute or regulation; unjust enrichment; or under any other theory; all to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- This limitation applies even if:
- This remedy doesn’t fully compensate you for any losses; or
- The skill publisher knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
- This limitation applies to: