C Runtime Error R6028
unable to initialize heap
If you encounter this error message while running an app, the app was shut down because it has an internal memory problem. There are many possible reasons for this error, but often it's caused by an extremely low memory condition, a bug in the program, or by defective hardware drivers.
You can try these steps to fix this error:
- Close other running applications or restart your computer to free up memory.
- Use the Apps and Features or Programs and Features page in the Control Panel to repair or reinstall the program.
- If the app was working before a recent installation of another app or driver, use the Apps and Features or Programs and Features page in the Control Panel to remove the new app or driver, and try your app again.
- Check your hardware vendor's website or Windows Update in the Control Panel for software and driver updates.
- Check for an updated version of the app. Contact the app vendor if the problem persists.
Information for Programmers
This error occurs when the operating system failed to create the memory pool for the application. Specifically, the C Runtime (CRT) called the Win32 function
HeapCreate, which returned NULL indicating failure.
If this error occurs during app startup, the system may be unable to satisfy heap requests because defective drivers are loaded. Check Windows Update or your hardware vendor’s web site for updated drivers.