Microsoft UI Automation
This documentation is intended for .NET developers who want to use the managed UI Automation classes defined in the System.Windows.Automation namespace. For the latest information about UI Automation, see Windows Automation API: UI Automation.
Microsoft UI Automation is an accessibility framework for Microsoft Windows. It addresses the needs of assistive technology products and automated test frameworks by providing programmatic access to information about the user interface (UI). In addition, UI Automation enables control and application developers to make their products accessible.
This documentation describes the UI Automation API for managed code. For information on programming for UI Automation in C++, see UI Automation for Win32 Applications.
In this section
- Accessibility Best Practices
- UI Automation Fundamentals
- UI Automation Providers for Managed Code
- UI Automation Clients for Managed Code
- UI Automation Control Patterns
- UI Automation Text Pattern
- UI Automation Control Types