Implementing the UI Automation TableItem Control Pattern
This documentation is intended for .NET Framework developers who want to use the managed UI Automation classes defined in the System.Windows.Automation namespace. For the latest information about UI Automation, see Windows Automation API: UI Automation.
This topic introduces guidelines and conventions for implementing ITableItemProvider, including information about events and properties. Links to additional references are listed at the end of the overview.
The TableItemPattern control pattern is used to support child controls of containers that implement ITableProvider. Access to individual cell functionality is provided by the required concurrent implementation of IGridItemProvider. This control pattern is analogous to IGridItemProvider with the distinction that any control implementing ITableItemProvider must programmatically expose the relationship between the individual cell and its row and column information. For examples of controls that implement this control pattern, see Control Pattern Mapping for UI Automation Clients.
Implementation Guidelines and Conventions
- For related grid item functionality, see Implementing the UI Automation GridItem Control Pattern.
Required Members for ITableItemProvider
|Required member||Member type||Notes|
This control pattern has no associated properties or events.
This control pattern has no associated exceptions.
- UI Automation Control Patterns Overview
- Support Control Patterns in a UI Automation Provider
- UI Automation Control Patterns for Clients
- Implementing the UI Automation Table Control Pattern
- Implementing the UI Automation GridItem Control Pattern
- UI Automation Tree Overview
- Use Caching in UI Automation