Enabling the APIs for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Dynamics NAV exposes an API that makes it possible to integrate with other services. To enable integration with these APIs, you must go through a few steps to enable the access for Dynamics NAV.
Enable access to the APIs
- Open Dynamics NAV Administration tool.
- Expand the OData Services tab, and select the Enable OData Services checkbox first, then select the Enable API Services checkbox.
- Check that the values for the OData Base URL and Port are entered correctly.
When exposing a web service, you must open the port for other consumers of your web service to access it. You can have your system administrator add the port through Windows Firewall on the computer running Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server. The default port for ODdata web services is 7048.
- In Dynamics NAV, search for API Setup and then choose the related link.
- On the API Setup page, choose the Integrate APIs button.
This will start a process of populating all the integration tables with records for all APIs. The process can take several minutes.
Depending on where you want to access the APIs from, you must specify the correct endpoint. For more information, see Endpoints for APIs.