Enabling the APIs for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central exposes an API that makes it possible to integrate with other services. To enable integration with these APIs, you must go through a few steps to enable the access for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Enable access to the APIs
- Open Dynamics 365 Business Central Administration tool.
- Expand the OData Services tab, and select the Enable OData Services checkbox first, then select the Enable API Services checkbox.
- Check that the values for the OData Base URL and Port are entered correctly.
When exposing a web service, you must open the port for other consumers of your web service to access it. You can have your system administrator add the port through Windows Firewall on the computer running Dynamics 365 Business Central server. The default port for ODdata web services is 7048.
- In Dynamics 365 Business Central, search for API Setup and then choose the related link.
- On the API Setup page, choose the Integrate APIs button.
This will start a process of populating all the integration tables with records for all APIs. The process can take several minutes.
Depending on where you want to access the APIs from, you must specify the correct endpoint. For more information, see Endpoints for APIs.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.