Customization of Opportunity Close dialog box
Some of the functionality described in these release notes has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability||Early Access|
|End users by admins, makers, or analysts||October 2019||Yes|
A top request by customers.
When closing an opportunity, businesses often need to understand why the opportunity was lost or won to build upon past losses and successes or to try new strategies for improving win rates. By supporting customization of the Opportunity Close dialog box, Dynamics 365 for Sales helps companies capture close/win details based on their strategic sales initiatives. Furthermore, sales managers can see which competitors are trending in losses, or what drove success in wins. This information helps managers identify products and services that are performing well, to form future product and service strategies. In addition, the data captured can benefit analysis and machine learning models, helping to predict the likelihood of future opportunities to close.
- Administrators can add fields such as Profit Margin or Winning Product in the Close as Won form/dialog box of the Opportunity entity.
- Administrators can add fields such as Competitive Advantage in the Close as Lost form/dialog box of the Opportunity entity.
- Administrators can introduce new client-side business validations or remove existing ones.
- Administrators can customize the Opportunity Close entity.
- Administrators can choose between the non-customizable modal dialog experience (default setting) and the customizable form experience.
- Sales reps can close an opportunity via the desktop or mobile app and provide relevant details required by their organization for closing the opportunity.
This feature is available in the Unified Interface only.
Thank you for your idea
Thank you for submitting this idea. We listened to your idea, along with comments and votes, to help us decide what to add to our product roadmap.