Microsoft Teams integration enhancements
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|End users, automatically||-||Aug 2, 2019||Oct 31, 2019|
Dynamics 365 Sales integration with Teams was introduced in April 2019. Enhancements help to connect Dynamics 365 Sales records to Microsoft Teams channels without leaving the Dynamics 365 Sales app. Sellers will receive team member recommendations, during the connection flow, based on Dynamics 365 Sales access privileges. To further improve the extensibility, file sharing can now be enabled for any out-of-the-box and custom entities, across Dynamics 365 Sales and Teams connections. Connections refer to the ability to add a Dynamics 365 tab to a Teams channel.
- When connecting a Dynamics 365 Sales record to a Microsoft Teams channel, relevant members are suggested based on users associated with the Dynamics 365 Sales record. Member suggestions will be available to a user if designated as a channel owner.
- SDK support is now available for the Microsoft Teams integration feature for any entity type, including custom entity types.
- When creating a Teams channel from the Dynamics 365 Sales record page, users can automatically connect the Dynamics 365 Sales record to the selected channel.
- This feature is available in the Unified Interface only.
- This capability is available in Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise and Dynamics 365 Sales Professional.
Feature exploration (video)