Overview of Dynamics 365 Field Service 2020 release wave 1
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
Dynamics 365 Field Service is an end-to-end solution for on-site service that empowers organizations to move from being reactive to providing proactive or predictive field service, and to embrace new business models such as outcome-based service or “anything-as-a-service.”
For the 2020 release wave 1, we are focused on the following areas:
- New feature capabilities including time entries and inspections.
- Previewing AI-based suggestions for IoT alerts and incident types.
- Ongoing enhancements to resource scheduling and optimization capabilities.
- Continued investment in proactive service with Azure IoT.
- Deeper alignment with Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management for supply chain management and asset management.