Overview of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management 2020 release wave 1
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
The Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management 2020 release wave 1 includes:
- Planning: The Planning Optimization service will become generally available for distribution scenarios, while support for generating planned production orders will be going into public preview.
- Asset Management: Enables integration with fixed assets to provide a comprehensive asset view that includes both physical and financial information.
- IoT Intelligence: Connected manufacturing and quality scenarios will become generally available, and the connected assets scenario will be enabled for public preview.
- Sales and procurement: Several enhancements have been made in these areas, thereby enabling country of origin, hazardous materials management, and e-procurement vendor collaboration.
- Warehouse management: Enables mass deployment support for warehouse mobile applications, catch weight improvements, improved material handling, and improvements in inbound and outbound logistics.
- Manufacturing: Job card device experiences have been enhanced to improve productivity for manufacturing operations.
Also, several miscellaneous enhancements are being introduced throughout Supply Chain Management to support Common Data Service integration, performance, usability, monitoring, and reliability.