Tax Calculation service (preview)
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Finance. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Apr 16, 2021||Oct 8, 2021|
Tax Calculation service is a configurable globalization microservice that enhances the tax determination and calculation capabilities in Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, and Dynamics 365 Project Operations. It provides a flexible tax determination matrix and configurable tax calculation designer to comply with local tax regulations.
- Out-of-the-box integration with Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, and Dynamics 365 Project Operations.
- Configuration of tax service through the Regulatory Configuration Service (RCS), which is an enhanced version of the Electronic Reporting designer available as a standalone service.
- Configurable tax matrix to automatically determine tax codes and rates.
- Configurable tax matrix to automatically determine VAT ID.
- Configurable tax calculation designer to define formulas and conditions.
- Shared tax determination and calculation solution across legal entities.
Tax Calculation (docs)