Know conversation starters for your customers
As a sales representative, you interact with many customers and it can be difficult to remember details about each, such as:
- Latest entertainment event they attended.
- Favorite sports or games they watch.
- Vacations they had taken.
In Dynamics 365 Sales, Talking points provides a mechanism to automatically identify such conversation starters from your emails. The conservation starters include topics that are related to sports, vacation, family, and entertainment. These insights are available on the contact page.
- The system administrator configures which categories of talking points should be displayed in your organization.
- To view talking points, ensure that your mailbox is configured and approved in Dynamics 365 Sales, and Server-side sync is enabled. More information: Set up server-side synchronization of email, appointments, contacts, and tasks.
If you do not see Talking points in the summary of the contact page, contact your administrator to enable it. More information: Configure Talking points.
Let's say for example a customer sent you an email about a recent vacation in which he enjoyed skiing. Dynamics 365 Sales analyzes the email and automatically categorizes it to sports. This text will appear in the talking points tile in the sports category.
Select each topic icon on the talking points to navigate. This helps you to start a conversation with your customer and you can choose your customer’s area of interest. Select the icon to view the complete message of a topic. If you want to view all the topics in the Talking points tile as a list, select the list icon.
Talking points will display only the latest communication for each topic on the tile. For example, you received an email about a baseball game yesterday and you received another email today about football. The sports topic in the talking points will be updated with the mail you received about football.