Upgrading AppSource Apps in Production
When an updated version of an AppSource app becomes the active version in the Dynamics 365 Business Central service, tenants do not automatically get this updated version. This upgrade must be done manually by getting the latest version of the app in AppSource.
To upgrade an AppSource app
Follow the steps below to update a tenant to the latest version of any AppSource app.
- Log in to the Dynamics 365 Business Central browser client.
- In the Tell Me box, enter Extension Management, and then choose the related link.
- Locate the app that you want to update.
- Under Manage, choose Uninstall.
- Go to AppSource and then install the app again.
An alternative, is to use the Admin Center, where you can also manage the upgrade, given that you have the right permissions. For more information, see Managing Apps.