The following sections help you understand and improve the performance of Business Central. The content is centered around the different ways a functional consultant, a developer, or an administrator can make changes with a performance impact.
- Visit Performance Tips for Business Users to learn more about tips on how you can work with end-users to improve the performance.
- Visit How Application Configurations Affect Performance to learn about how in-product configurations affect performance.
- Visit Performance Articles for Developers to learn about how to code for performance in AL, and how to identify performance issues using the Performance Toolkit extension. The extension is available for free on AppSource.
- Visit Performance in Business Central Online to learn more about performance in the Business Central service.
- Visit Performance of Business Central On-Premises Installations to learn more about the various ways the different components in Business Central can be configured to achieve better performance for an on-premises installation.
- Visit How to Work with a Performance Problem to learn more on how to tackle a performance problem.
The video series Performance Considerations when Building an App is also a good starting point to learn more about performance of Business Central:
This first part of performance considerations videos focuses on basic principles. It makes you aware of why it is essential to consider performance in every line of code you write, and it introduces the performance implications of the general architectural document and posting design patterns of Business Central.
Learn about best practices on implementing the existing data retrieval methods, learn how to greatly improve performance by minimizing server roundtrips, and get introduced to important dos and don'ts when coding for performance.