Set Up Cash Customers
You cannot create an invoice without a customer number. This is true, even if you make a cash sale and do not have anything to record in a customer account.
To set up a cash customer
- Choose the icon, enter Customer, and then choose the related link.
- Create a new Customer card. For more information, see Register New Customers.
- In the No. field, enter Cash, for example.
- In the Name field, enter Cash Sale, for example.
- On the Invoicing FastTab, fill in the Customer Posting Group and the Gen. Bus. Posting Group fields.
Now you have set up a customer that contains sufficient information for invoicing.
You may have chosen a posting group that is also used for domestic credit sales. If you want to maintain separate data on cash sales, for example, with a special sales or receivables account, you can set up an extra posting group for this purpose.
You must enter a number for a receivables account for the posting group, even though the balance in this account will always be 0 after you post an invoice.