Set Up Service Contracts
Before you can work with contracts, you must set up the following:
- Service contract groups, which gather service contracts that are related in some way.
- Service contract account groups, which are used to group the service contract accounts together for service invoices created for service contracts. You assign these groups to service contracts.
- Contract templates that define contract layouts of contracts that include the most commonly used service contract details. When you create service contract quotes, you can create them by using templates. When you create a contract quote, the fields automatically contain the contents of the template fields.
- Customer templates that let you create quotes for contacts or potential customers who are not registered as customers in Business Central.
To set up a service contract group
- Choose the icon, enter Service Contract Groups, and then choose the related link.
- Fill in the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
- Choose the Disc. on Contr. Orders Only check box if you want contract or service discounts to be valid only for contract service orders, such as maintenance.
To set up a service contract account group
- Choose the icon, enter Serv. Contract Account Groups, and then choose the related link.
- Create a new service contract account group.
- Fill in the Code and Description fields. These fields describe the service account group.
- Fill in the Non-Prepaid Contract Acc. field, choose general ledger account number for the non-prepaid account.
- In the Prepaid Contract Acc. field, choose the general ledger account number for the prepaid account.
To set up a contract template
Choose the icon, enter Service Contract Templates, and then choose the related link.
Create a new service contract template.
In the No. field, enter a number for the contract template.
Alternatively, if you have set up number series for contract templates on the Service Mgt. Setup page, you can press the Enter key to enter the next available contract template number. Fill in the other fields if appropriate.
On the Invoice FastTab, fill in the Serv. Contract Acc. Group Code field, the Invoice Period, and so on. Fill in the other fields if appropriate.
Choose the Service Discounts action to add contract discounts.
To set up a customer template
- Choose the icon, enter Customer Templates, and then choose the related link.
- Create a new customer template card.
- On the General FastTab, enter a code and a description for the customer template in the Code and Description fields respectively.
- To define search criteria, fill in the other fields, such as Country/Region Code, Territory Code, and Language Code.
- Fill in the Gen. Bus. Posting Group and Customer Posting Group fields.