Set Up Statuses for Service Orders and Repairs
You must set up repair status options that identify the progress of repair and maintenance of service items in service orders. You must set up at least nine repair status options that identify situations or actions taken when servicing service items.
You can set the priority level for service order status options. There four priorities are High, Medium High, Medium Low, and Low.
When you change the repair status of a service item in a service order, the service order status is updated. The repair status of each service item is linked to the service order status. If the service items are linked to two or more service order status options, the service order status with the highest priority is selected.
To set up a repair status
- Choose the icon, enter Repair Status, and then choose the related link.
- Create a new repair status.
- Fill in the Code and Description fields.
- In the Service Order Status field, choose the order status to link the repair status to. The Priority field displays the priority of the service order status you have chosen.
- Choose a repair status. You can choose only one.
- To be able to post service orders, including service items, with this repair status, choose the Posting Allowed field.
- To be able to manually change the service order status option to Pending in service orders including service items with this repair status, choose the Pending Status Allowed check box.
- Choose the In Process Status Allowed, Finished Status Allowed, and On Hold Status Allowed check boxes in the same way.
To set up service status priorities
- Choose the icon, enter Service Order Status, and then choose the related link.
- Select the service order status you want to set a priority for.
- In the Priority field, choose the priority you want for this service order status. Repeat this step for each status.