Customize image focal points
This topic describes how to customize image focal points in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce site builder.
When an image is uploaded to the Commerce site builder Media Library, the system attempts to determine the focal point of the image. For example, if the image has a person on it, the system will set the focal point to the face of the person by default. In most cases the automatically set focal point works well for all viewports, but sometimes you may want to adjust the focal point to ensure that a specific part of the image is always visible.
Define a custom focal point for an image
To define a custom focal point for an image, follow these steps.
- In the left navigation pane of Commerce site builder, select Media Library.
- In the main window, select the image you want to modify.
- On the command bar, select Edit.
- Select the image to enter Edit Mode.
- Under Edit Mode, select Change Focal Point. A circular focal point control appears over the image.
- Select the focal point control to move it over the desired focal point.
- When you're done, on the command bar select Save, and then select Finish editing.