Preview features in Dynamics 365 Commerce 10.0.17 (April 2021)
Some or all of the functionality noted in this topic is available as part of a preview release. The content and the functionality are subject to change. For more information about preview releases, see One version service updates FAQ.
This topic lists features that are either new or changed in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce 10.0.17. This version has a build number of 10.0.761 and is available on the following schedule:
- Preview of release: February 2021
- General availability of release (self-update): March 2021
- General availability of release (auto-update): April 2021
Features included in this release
The following features are included in this release. The feature titles link to additional information on the Release plans site. Additional links point to additional documentation that is currently available for that feature. Most of these features must be enabled using Feature management before you can use them.
- B2B e-commerce
- For more information, see Set up a B2B e-commerce site.
- Edit partially fulfilled customer orders in POS
- For more information, see Customer orders in Point of Sale (POS).
- Improved POS ordering and fulfillment experiences for serialized items
- For more information, see Work with serialized items in the POS.
- Shop similar descriptions
- For more information, see Enable "shop similar descriptions" recommendations.
- Configure module properties to be shown based on context
- For more information, see Configure module properties to be shown based on context.
- GeoLookup connector
- For more information, see Configure and enable connectors.
- Dynamic e-commerce pages based on URL parameters
- For more information, see Create dynamic e-commerce pages based on URL parameters.
- Quick view module
- For more information, see Quick view module.
- Clienteling improvements
- For more information, see Clienteling overview.
- Omnichannel support for incremental payment capture
- For more information, see Incremental capture for back-office invoicing.
- Refactored payment processing in storefront checkout
- Email receipt improvements and new features
- Exclusive threshold discounts compete with exclusive non-threshold periodic discounts
- Improved user experience for pickup order processing in point of sale
- For more information, see Process customer order pickups in POS.
- Independent deployment and installation packages for MPOS, CPOS, HWS, and CSU extensions
- Simplified Commerce SDK update and developer experience
- Commerce localization for Brazil
- For more information, see Commerce localization for Brazil.
- Digital signing of retail transactions for France based on the fiscal integration framework
- Dynamics 365 Commerce and Microsoft Teams integration – add org structure, stores, workers
- Synergize task management between Dynamics 365 Commerce and Microsoft Teams
Platform updates for Finance and Operations apps
Dynamics 365 Commerce 10.0.17 includes platform updates. To learn more, see Platform updates for version 10.0.17 of Finance and Operations apps.
For information about the bug fixes that are included in this update, sign in to Lifecycle Services (LCS) and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365: 2021 release wave 1 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365: 2021 release wave 1 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated features
The Removed or deprecated features in Dynamics 365 Commerce topic describes features that have been removed or deprecated for Commerce.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature is not in active development and may be removed in a future update.
Before any feature is removed from the product, the deprecation notice will be announced in the Removed or deprecated features in Dynamics 365 Commerce topic 12 months prior to the removal.
For breaking changes that only affect compilation time, but are binary compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these are functional updates that need to be made to the compiler.