Preview features in Dynamics 365 Commerce 10.0.18 (May 2021)
Some or all of the functionality noted in this topic is available as part of a preview release. The content and the functionality are subject to change. For more information about preview releases, see One version service updates FAQ.
This topic lists features that are either new or changed in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce 10.0.18. This version has a build number of 10.0.793 and is available on the following schedule:
- Preview of release: March 2021
- General availability of release (self-update): April 2021
- General availability of release (auto-update): May 2021
Features included in this release
The following features are included in this release. The feature titles link to additional information on the Release plans site. Additional links point to additional documentation that is currently available for that feature. Most of these features must be enabled using Feature management before you can use them.
- Call server-side data actions with AJAX
- For more information, see Call server-side data actions with AJAX
- Add a QR code or bar code to transactional and receipt emails
- For more information, see Add a QR code or bar code to transactional and receipt emails
- Configure receipt emails to use custom layouts and templates
- For more information, see Configure receipt emails to use custom layouts and templates
- Additions to the Commerce online SDK FAQ
- For more information, see Dynamics 365 Commerce online SDK FAQ
- Download Retail SDK samples and reference packages from GitHub and NuGet
- For more information, see Download Retail SDK samples and reference packages from GitHub and NuGet
- Retrieve quantity in Sell unit of measure (UoM) from e-Commerce inventory APIs
- For more information, see Calculate inventory availability for retail channels
- Improvements to the POS inventory lookup operation
- Highly performant and scalable customer search experience using the new cloud search infrastructure
Platform updates for Finance and Operations apps
Dynamics 365 Commerce 10.0.18 includes platform updates. To learn more, see Platform updates for version 10.0.18 of Finance and Operations apps.
For information about the bug fixes that are included in this update, sign in to Lifecycle Services (LCS) and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365: 2021 release wave 1 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365: 2021 release wave 1 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated features
The Removed or deprecated features in Dynamics 365 Commerce topic describes features that have been removed or deprecated for Commerce.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature is not in active development and may be removed in a future update.
Before any feature is removed from the product, the deprecation notice will be announced in the Removed or deprecated features in Dynamics 365 Commerce topic 12 months prior to the removal.
For breaking changes that only affect compilation time, but are binary compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these are functional updates that need to be made to the compiler.