Common Data Service instances
Applies to Dynamics 365 (online), version 9.x
Applies to Dynamics 365 (online), version 8.x
The Common Data Service allows you to securely store and manage data used in your PowerApps environments. As of March 21, 2018, PowerApps environments provisioned with a Common Data Service database are displayed as instances in the Dynamics 365 admin center. There you can view and do some management of your Common Data Service instances.
Identify Common Data Service instances
- In the Dynamics 365 admin center, select the Instances tab.
- Select an instance and look for Common Data Service in the description details.
Manage Common Data Service instances
Currently, Common Data Service instances are available as trial and production types. What management actions are available depends on which admin center you use.
Management in the Dynamics 365 admin center
You can manage the following with the Common Data Service instance in the Dynamics 365 admin center:
Management in the PowerApps admin center
You can manage the following with the Common Data Service instance in the PowerApps admin center:
- Add or remove a user or group from either the Environment Admin or Environment Maker role. For more information, see Environment Administration.
- Provision a Common Data Service database for the environment. For more information, see Create a Common Data Service database.
- Set Data Loss Prevention policies. For more information, see Data loss prevention policies.
- Set database security policies (as open or restricted by database roles). For more information, see Configure database security.
- Members of the Azure AD tenant Global administrator role (includes Office 365 Global admins) can also manage all environments that have been created in their tenant and set tenant-wide policies from the PowerApps admin center.