Install the Voice of the Customer solution
This section provides you the steps to install the Voice of the Customer for Dynamics 365 solutions. If you're an administrator, you can find the version by going to Settings > Solutions.
Surveys aren't supported on legacy forms.
Install the Voice of the Customer solution, version 9.0 and later
The Voice of the Customer for Dynamics 365 solution can be installed from Dynamics 365 Administration Center. It is compatible with Dynamics 365 version 8.2 and later.
You must be a tenant administrator to install the solution.
Sign in to your Dynamics 365 solution as administrator.
Go to the Dynamics 365 Administration Center, and then select the Applications tab.
Select the application row titled Voice Of The Customer, and then select Manage.
From the Dynamics 365 Instance drop-down list, select the instance where you want to install the solution.
The list of instances only displays the organizations with Dynamics 365 version 8.2.
Accept the license terms.
When you install Voice of the Customer, a VOC Push Service user is created automatically. This user is created to allow Voice of the Customer Azure service to authenticate with Dynamics 365 using Server-to-Server (S2S) authentication. The VOC Push Service user is an application user and does not consume any license. The user is assigned Survey Administrator role. More information on S2S authentication: Server-to-Server (S2S) authentication.
The VOC Push Service user runs only with minimum required privileges to communicate to Voice of the Customer Azure service, and if your organization deploys a custom plugin that runs on the Survey Response entity, you are advised to do either of following:
- Run the Custom Plugin in System User Context.
- Create a custom role with privileges required by custom plugin operations and assign the security role to Voice of the Customer application user.
Track the installation status
- Go to the Dynamics 365 Administration Center, and then select the Instances tab.
- Select the instance name, and then select Solutions. The status is displayed in the Status column.
To optimize performance, we recommend following limits for Voice of the Customer for Dynamics 365:
- Maximum number of surveys you can publish: 200
- Maximum number of questions on a survey: 250. If you've enabled feedback for a survey, the maximum is 40 questions.
- Maximum number of pages per survey: 25
- Maximum number of sections per page: 10
- Maximum number of email invitations that you can send that include piped data in a 24-hour period: 50,000. If you create more email invitations than the specified limit, an error message is displayed.
If you want to install Voice of the Customer solution version earlier than 9.0, see here.