Omnichannel for Customer Service system requirements
Omnichannel for Customer Service offers a suite of capabilities that extend the power of Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise to enable organizations to instantly connect and engage with their customers across digital messaging channels. An additional license is required to access Omnichannel for Customer service. For more information, see the Dynamics 365 Customer Service pricing overview and Dynamics 365 Customer Service pricing plan pages.
This topic provides information about the prerequisites and system requirements for deploying Omnichannel for Customer Service in your organization.
You can deploy Omnichannel for Customer Service over a Customer Service application and experience it in the following ways:
- Omnichannel for Customer Service app - Web experience on the Unified Interface application
- Unified Service Desk client application
This section lists the prerequisites for using Omnichannel for Customer Service.
Make sure that Omnichannel for Customer Service is available in your region. More information: International availability
- You must have an active subscription to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise or Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan in your tenant for each user of Digital Messaging or Chat for Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- You must have an active subscription to the Dynamics 365 Customer Service Digital Messaging add-on for each Digital Messaging user or Chat for Dynamics 365 Customer Service for each Chat user.
- Use of historical Supervisor reporting through Omnichannel Intraday Insights, Omnichannel Chat Insights, and Omnichannel Sentiment Insights Dashboards also requires Power BI Pro license or higher for each individual in a Supervisor role.
System requirements for Omnichannel for Customer Service
The system requirements to use Omnichannel for Customer Service are as follows.
|Model-driven app||Dynamics 365 Customer Service app 9.2.21034.00160 or later.|
|Web browsers||Supported browsers:
Omnichannel for Customer Service uses third-party cookies for authentication. Make sure that the cookies are not blocked in your browser in any mode so that certain services, such as agent or supervisor presence, can work properly.
|Azure Communication Services||Required for 1st party voice and SMS in the voice channel in production environments.|
|Hardware||Microphone and speakers for the voice experience.|
For other hardware and software requirements, see Model-driven app requirements.
The following browsers are supported by the customer-facing live chat widget in Omnichannel for Customer Service:
- Windows: Chromium-based Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox
- macOS and iOS: Safari
- Android: Chromium-based Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome
Only Chromium-based Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome are supported for voice and video in live chat.
Provision Omnichannel for Customer Service
To enable the Omnichannel for Customer Service app in your org, see Provision Omnichannel for Customer Service.
To upgrade Omnichannel for Customer Service, see Upgrade Omnichannel for Customer Service.
- Omnichannel for Customer Service is not supported with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (on-premises).
- Omnichannel for Customer Service is supported only on desktops, and not on phones and tablets.
- We recommend that you use browsers in normal mode to optimally experience Omnichannel for Customer Service.
Allow access to websites
If your organization is using a URL filter to block a category of websites or URLs, allow the following websites as an exception for your users to access the Omnichannel for Customer Service app in the business portal:
If your customers are using a URL filter to block a category of websites or URLs, you might have to ask your customers to allow a specific website as an exception.
Customers must be able to access the following URLs from their browsers to use the live chat widget in the portal:
Location-specific links that should be made accessible are as follows.
|Asia-Pacific and Japan||
Government Community Cloud (GCC)
The Government community cloud links that should be made accessible are as follows.