Sample: Share a record using an access team
This sample shows how to allow access to a record using an access team. All the members of the team will receive the same access to the record that is granted to the team. You can download the sample from here.
This sample requires additional users that are not in your system. Create the required users manually in Office 365 in order to run the sample without any errors. For this sample create a user profile as is shown below. Replace
yourorg with the organization name.
First Name: Nancy
Last Name: Anderson
Security Role: SalesPerson
First Name: David
Last Name: Bristol
Security Role: SalesPerson
This sample applies to both Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (on-premises) and Dataverse.
How to run this sample
To obtain a local copy of all samples and build them, do the following:
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the instance/organization you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which instance/org you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
What this sample does
RemoveMembersTeamRequest messages are intended to be used in a scenario where it contains data that is needed to Add, Grant and Remove Members.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the current version of the org.
- Creates a test account record for the sample.
- Retrieves the sales persons that are created manually in Office 365 that will be added to the team.
WhoAMIRequestgets the ID's of the current user and business unit.
- Creates a sample access team. The
AddMembersTeamRequestadds two sales persons to the access team.
GrantAccessRequestgrants the team read/write access to the account created in the Setup(#setup).
RetrieveAndDisplayEntityAccessretrieves and displays entity access information.
RetrieveAndDisplayPrincipalAccessretrieves and displays principal access information.
Display an option to delete the sample data that is created in Setup. The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the entities and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.