Sample: Share records using GrantAccess, ModifyAccess and RevokeAccess messages
This sample shows how to share a record using the following messages:
You can download the sample from here.
This sample requires additional users that are not in your system. Create the required users manually in Office 365 in order to run the sample without any errors. For this sample create 2 user profiles as is shown below. Replace
yourorg with the organization name.
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Wilson
Security Role: Delegate
First Name: Christen
Last Name: Anderson
Security Role: Delegate
This sample applies to both Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (on-premises) and Dataverse.
How to run this sample
To obtain a local copy of all samples and build them, do the following:
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the instance/organization you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which instance/org you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
What this sample does
RevokeAccessRequest messages are intended to be used in a scenario where it contains data that is needed to grant, modigy and revoke access.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the current version of the org.
- Creates a unique identifier for preventing name conflicts.
- Retrieves the user created manually in Office 365 for this sample.
- Retrieves the root business unit for creating the team for the sample.
WhoAMIRequestgets the current user information.
- Creates the team and adds the users to the team.
- Creates an account record and also creates a task, letter to associate to the account.
- Retrieves and displays the access that the calling user has to the created account.
- Retrieves and displays the access that the first user has to the created account.
GrantAccessRequestmethod grants the first user
readaccess to the created account.
ModifyAccessRequestmethod grants the first user
deleteaccess to the created account.
RevokeAccessRequestmethod grants the first user
revokeaccess to the created account.
Display an option to delete the sample data that is created in Setup. The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the entities and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.