Sample: Work with activity party records
This sample code shows how to work with activity party records. You can download the sample from here.
This sample applies to both Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (on-premises) and Common Data Service.
How to run this sample
To obtain a local copy of all samples and build them, do the following:
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the instance/organization you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which instance/org you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
What this sample does
This sample creates some sample data, to work with activity party records.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the current version of the org.
- Creates three contact records which are required for this sample.
- Retrieves the contact records that are created in the Setup.
- Creates the activity party records for each contact.
- Also creates Letter activity and set From and To fields to the respective Activity Party entities.
Display an option to delete the records created during Setup. The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the entities and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.