Dynamics 365 Field Service version history
When a new version of Dynamics 365 Field Service releases, it becomes available in different geographic regions at different times. Use the table below to see when the next release will become available in the region of your environment.
For information about other updates to Field Service, visit the Dynamics 365 release plans.
|Station||Region||Current version||Next version||Scheduled date|
|United Arab Emirates||126.96.36.199||TBD||01/29/2021|
|Government Community Cloud||188.8.131.52||184.108.40.206||02/05/2021|
|Dedicated Scale Groups||220.127.116.11||18.104.22.168||02/12/2021|
- Dates in all regions except Government Community Cloud (GCC) and China indicate the timing of the next automatic update. Dates in GCC and China indicate version availability; at this time, there is no automatic update for the GCC and China regions.
- For all other regions, while most updates should be complete on the scheduled night, updates requiring more time may be completed during dark hours over the weekend indicated in the Scheduled date column.
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 22.214.171.124)
- Allow technicians using the mobile app to quickly create follow up work orders.
- Optimize unwanted calls for IoT entities during form loads of work order and case.
- Corrected an issue with connected IoT device not showing up in connected device subgrid of the asset.
- Performance improvements in Connected Field Service and IoT asset.
- Removed deadlock errors on product inventory in the work order generation.
- Corrected an issue with resource requirement preferences to show up with requirements.
- Corrected batch size related error in work order sharing and unsharing.
- Fixed an issue in work order creation when rating value is null for a characteristic associated with agreement booking incident.
- Corrected privilege errors when trying to save work order and child records if there is no read privilege to Field Service settings.
- Improved the error handling when work order closure and the unit cost field of work order product is not filled.
- Fixed the behavior to set custom default view for customer asset lookup control on the agreement booking incident form.
- Corrected an issue of missing "New" button on time entry form in IE 11.
- Fixed an error when saving work order resulting from an issue in the deletion of requirement resource preferences.
- For the error that service tasks get reactivated even when tasks are completed and work order is completed, a new flag
workorderincidentitem.statecodeupdate.optout=truecan be added in the Field Service settings page in the "Advanced Settings" field, under the "Other" tab. The new flag can be added to any flags already present and delineated by a new line.
- Corrected an issue in geocode command button not being visible in offline sometimes.
- Excluded a sales related deprecated web resource.
- Corrected an issue with service tasks not showing up on mobile while offline.
- Fixed an issue with add and edit options being hidden for assets and functional locations.
- Corrected an issue in billing account population when creating a work order from account.
- Improved the usability of the matrix control in inspections.
This release is a hotfix on Field Service version 126.96.36.199
- Improved error handling when a work order is closed.
- Fixed a performance issue in IOT caused by a recent change.
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 188.8.131.52)
- For inspections:
- Added the ability to capture photos for the file upload question type in Field Service Mobile.
- Added barcode scan option to the textbox control.
- Added a new control called "Matrix (Dynamic)" to the toolbox. Use this control to add a grid of questions to which you can add more rows dynamically while performing the inspection.
- Increased the maximum character limit for the description of a question to 1000 characters.
- Improved the "Export as pdf" behavior to include the new grid control and the questions hidden behind branching logic in the PDF generated for an inspection.
- Added a new field "Depends on" to entity look up to filter lookup options based on response to another entity lookup question.
- Corrected booking journal duration calculation to be more accurate.
- Resolved an issue: upon reassigning a booking from a crew type resource to user type resource, the Crew and Crew Member fields would not clear.
- Improved the behavior of "Generate Agreement Booking Dates" workflow instances to cancel if the parent workflow deactivates.
- Updated the customer asset quick create form to make it customizable.
- Improved pricing calculation of a work order product to ensure accuracy regardless of the user’s privileges.
- Corrected an issue to enable more than 5000 work order products to associate to a work order.
- Resolved an issue in calculation of Total Amount in work order service when Duration To Bill is 0.
- Corrected an issue when loading the inspection designer for Italian orgs.
- Reverted a previous change for an issue: resource preferences wouldn't copy to the non-primary requirements introduced by an incident type requirement group.
- Corrected an issue: an error for "The given key was not present in the dictionary" error could pop up while saving a priority form.
- Resolved a false failure issue of Field Service Health rule that checked for web resources.
Field Service mobile app
- Created new controls for the work order service task, work order product, and work order service subgrids on the booking and work order form in Field Service Mobile. These controls were designed to give mobile technicians a quick and easy way to mark items complete or used and to have at-a-glance visibility into what still remains.
- Improved mobile offline filter handling for the time-off request table.
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 184.108.40.206)
- Improved error handling and messaging when the work order table is missing a booking setup metadata record. Previously, this scenario would throw a generic object reference error, which didn't help troubleshoot the issue.
- Enabled viewing related agreement booking incident records from a customer asset. Previously, this relationship was not visible from the customer asset.
- Improved conversion of an opportunity into a work order. The conversion from opportunity with opportunity products, now maintains the defined opportunity product’s Sequence Number as Line Order in the work order’s work order products.
- Corrected an issue with the agreement invoice setup’s invoice generation process, which could cause a generic error when the agreement invoice date tried to generate an invoice if the agreement invoice setup contained invoice products.
- Updated the solution to ensure that multi-resource work orders using requirement groups respect the resource preferences defined on the related service account for all requirements generated against the work order.
- Resolved an issue in a solution patch that inappropriately removed on-save handlers from the case table.
- Corrected an issue that caused any update of a work order product record to update the work order product’s Exchange Rate, even if there were no updated currency-related fields, after a change to related currency’s exchange rate value.
- Enhanced the logic on agreement booking date records that could cause unnecessary background processes to fire causing a momentary block from being able to update the related agreement booking setup. This logic improved to reduce the scenarios under which it would try to trigger this background process, removing scenarios where the agreement booking date’s Booking Date was update to a time further in the future. When this value pushes out further, the background process does not need to be triggered.
- Improved mobile offline filter handling for the warehouse table.
- Updated the Field Service Health rule name from “Waiting workflow instances owned by disabled user accounts” to “Waiting workflow instances owned by disabled users.”
- This release introduces the solution components for the improvements to the Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management integration as outlined for availability in Wave 2, 2020. These integrations, the metadata, and their required logical changes are only introduced when dual-write is enabled on your environment.
This release is a hotfix on Field Service version 220.127.116.11.
- Resolved an issue with agreement invoice setups introduced during early access that caused an error in the primary invoice date and invoice generation process, which could stop invoice generation from agreements.
- Resolved an issue with inspection name value being empty in the parsed inspection record tables.
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 18.104.22.168) This version introduces the Field Service 2020 Wave 2 new and updated features outlined as generally available. It also introduces all of the changes from the early access versions. In addition, it introduces the following updates:
- Resolved an issue that had the potential to cause timeouts based on resource location updates from Field Service Mobile.
- Improved update logic to a work order product's currency field to ensure that non-currency related changes did not appear as also making an update to the currency field.
- Corrected an issue: under certain circumstances, the system could autogenerate duplicate agreement booking date records when updating Auto Generate Work Order.
- Corrected behavior where it was possible to have the value of Date Window Start reverted on save if a user followed a specific record update pattern and got a form validation.
- Resolved an issue: if a user provided a name to a work order incident record that was different than the automatically provided value, then deactivated and reactivated the record, the name would revert to the automatic value.
- Resolved an issue that impacted certain solution update scenarios based on conflicting settings to the CanCreateAttributes attribute in the unit, unit group, and price list item entities.
- Improved form logic to allow for manual time entry record saving when an org has both Field Service and Project Operations installed.
- Improved the save/save and close behaviors of a record from within a modal form dialog (MFD) to ensure that the contextual record would automatically refresh so a user can see the immediate impacts of their efforts. An example scenario: a user creates a new booking from a work order, the booking form will now open in an MFD by default. When the user saves and closes the booking form, the contextual work order will refresh. The work order's status will change from "unscheduled" to "scheduled" immediately.
- Enabled the "Customer Asset Quick Create" and "Asset Work Order Quick View Form" forms to be customizable; initially, they were released as non-customizable.
- Corrected a problem that could present when bulk editing work order records.
22.214.171.1243 (2020 Wave 2 early access update)
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 126.96.36.199)
The release is only applied when an environment is opted into early access and introduces the Field Service 2020 Wave 2 new and updated features.
In addition, this release includes the following changes:
- Resolved an issue with agreement invoice setups introduced during early access that caused an error in the primary invoice date and invoice generation process that could stop invoice generation from agreements.
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 188.8.131.52)
- Corrected an issue: under certain circumstances, the Discount % in work order product form is automatically cleared on save.
- Resolved an issue with agreement booking dates: when the booking dates are manually altered, the work orders were not getting auto generated as expected relative to the Generate Work Order Days in Advance value of the related agreement booking setup.
- Improved handling for the sharing and unsharing behavior of the booking resource booking when the target user is disabled.
- When exchange rate on a currency is changed, any subsequent changes to a work order service record would result in the exchange rate for that record being updated. It should only be recalculated if a currency-related field is updated.
- Improved handling of the account’s merge functionality when one of the target accounts has a related Agreement where taxable is "No."
- Improved handling of the account’s merge functionality when one of the target accounts has a related RMA where taxable is "No."
- When using tab to navigate away from the Estimate Total Amount field on a work order service record after making an update, the system was inappropriately throwing the error "Enter an amount between $0.00 and $1,000,000,000.00."
- Corrected a bug: when the work order service’s Line Status was changed from "Estimated" to "Used," the Estimated Discount % field was not getting copied to the Discount %.
184.108.40.206 (2020 Wave 2 early access update)
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 220.127.116.11)
The release is only applied when an environment is opted into early access and introduces the Field Service 2020 Wave 2 new and updated features.
In addition, this release includes the following changes that have the potential to change the existing system behavior or interface:
- Added quick create forms for all new asset properties-related entities to the Field Service model-driven app.
- Corrected an issue with a missing space in the "Field Service Activities" tab header for the account entity for the Field Service Mobile model-driven app.
- Improved the customer asset form to ensure that the IoT related tabs are displayed after the other form tabs.
- Removed the property logs option from the related menu from the customer asset form.
- Updated the property log display values to respect user settings for date and time.
- Corrected travel calculation logic for the Field Service Mobile model-driven app to ensure that, when the booking is set to in progress, if there was no Estimated Travel Duration the system will update the Actual Arrival Time and will not immediately increase total duration.
18.104.22.168 (2020 Wave 2 early access)
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 22.214.171.124)
The release is only applied when an environment is opted into early access and introduces the Field Service 2020 Wave 2 new and updated features as outlined for availability in early access:
- Embedded Power BI Dashboard for key Field Service metrics
- Improved work order metrics
- Asset hierarchy and functional location
- Usability improvements for key Field Service subgrid as dialogs
- Enhanced skills-based matching in resource scheduling optimization
- Predictive technician travel time
- Travel outside of working hours
- Enhanced work hours calendar for requirements
- Connected Field Service on the Dynamics 365 Field Service mobile app
- Field Service inspections
- Technician time tracking on Dynamics 365 Field Service mobile app
- Usability improvements for the field technician booking form
- Calendar view for booking work orders
In addition, this release includes the following changes that have the potential to change the existing system behavior or interface:
- Improved logic around agreement booking dates, which have a button to manually “Generate Work Order.” Previously, this button was available when a work order had already been generated. In this release, we improved the logic associated with this button to ensure this button was not available if the work order had already been generated.
- Corrected the display position of the map control in the “Location” tab for the work orders in the Field Service Mobile app’s default work order form. Previously, the map control appeared between the latitude and longitude fields. It now appears above these fields.
- When an incident type is applied to a work order, it results in the automatic creation of a work order incident, which can automatically create work order products, work order services, and work order service tasks. These records are associated to the work order and work order incident. If the primary incident customer asset field referenced a customer asset, all resulting records would also be related to the same customer asset. The release improves the logic for customer asset association on these records when a work order incident’s customer asset is updated. Previously, if the customer asset on a work order incident was updated, it would not update the related work order products, work order services, or work order service tasks. It will now update these records appropriately, assuming the customer asset value of the child records matched the pre-change value of the work order incident.
- Corrected a poor system behavior: when updating a work order service record’s line status from “Estimated” to “Used,” the estimated discount percent value was not autopopulated into the discount percent field. This value will now autopopulate per the estimated value when the line is set to “Used.”
- Improved the error message on a purchase order receipt product when a user tries to change the quantity or unit after a related purchase order bill has been created.
- Improved display handling of the agreement and invoice subgrids on the account forms where a user may not have permissions to these related records. Previously, these subgrids would display with an error about the user’s permissions; however, now, these subgrids will not show on the form in such cases of insufficient permissions.
- Resolved an issue with the Field Service resource role’s permissions. Previously, this role was missing the “Append To” privilege on customer asset, which caused issues when trying to create customer assets.
- Improved the subgrid name for work order products on the default work order form for the Field Service Mobile app.
- Fixed an issue where the value for customer asset was not being copied into work order products, work order services, and work order service tasks that were created from agreement booking products, agreement booking services, and agreement booking service tasks that were not related to an agreement booking incident. This association will now flow down, as expected.
- Added the "Field Service - Resource" role to the new app module for Field Service Mobile.
- Corrected some consistency issues with the labeling for “Work Hours Templates.”
- Adding a notification on agreement booking setups and agreement invoice setups to highlight that related work orders, invoices, and dates will not generate when users create or updates the agreement subrecords when the parent agreement’s System Status is not active.
- Improved work order validation of the latitude and longitude fields to ensure that, if either value is populated, both values are populated, and that the values are valid.
- Improved warning messages on the booking form. It is not advised to use a work order’s booking through more than one booking lifecycle. It should only go through the lifecycle once (scheduled -> traveling -> in-progress -> complete). Some organizations that reuse a single booking through more than one lifecycle began receiving a form notification that, while allowed, such practices are not advised. This warning previously mentioned time entry generation anytime it was displayed; it will now only mention time entry generation when the environment is configured to autogenerate time entries to avoid confusion.
- Enhanced logic for work order service task naming if the work order service task was created from a work order incident as a result of the incident type’s incident service task. In such cases, if the incident service task has a name, the work order service task’s name will come from the incident service task; previously, the work order service task’s name was always the name of the related service task type. If the incident service task’s name is blank, the work order service task’s name will default to the service task type’s name.
- Removed unnecessary code that enforced that the booking and journal type fields on a booking journal would be editable under certain circumstances. These fields will now behave the way the rest of the fields on the booking journal behave.
- On the case entity, when Field Service is installed, there is a ribbon button to “Convert to WO.” Previously, this button was in an undiscoverable location. This button has been moved to be more discoverable.
- Improved Field Service Mobile’s user experience for tablet users to ensure proper column width, improved quick create experience, and improved subgrid usability on the booking’s Service tab.
- Changed behavior on the agreement booking service tasks. Previously, when changing the value of the related task type, the description field would always be cleared. Now it will only be cleared if the new value for task type has an overriding value; otherwise, the value will not be cleared by default.
- Updated the name for the “My Open Resource Bookings (Field Service Information)” view to simply “Bookings” for optimal use and display in Field Service Mobile.
- Removed some fields from the default configuration of the booking entity’s default form for the Service tab to improve usability of Field Service Mobile.
- Replaced the address control used in the Field Service Mobile forms for the account and work order entities with a new control optimized for mobile use.
- Enhanced the automatic copy logic for related resource preference records onto work orders created for the same account. Previously, when these records were copies, resource preferences of type “Must Choose From” on the account were not being copied to the work order. They will now be copied, as well.
- Improved usability of the booking’s service tab in Field Service Mobile to show five records in the subgrids, by default, instead of just two, as was the previous behavior.
- Minor improvement to tax calculation on the work order record to ensure that rounding rules resulted in a consistent value between the work order’s tax calculation and the invoice’s tax calculation. Under certain circumstances, previously, these values could be inconsistent by at the second decimal due to rounding differences.
- Updated the taxable field in Field Service Mobile forms for work order, work order service, and work order product to use a new toggle control for simplified mobile usability.
- Improved all default views for work order product, work order service, and work order service task to swap the Product, Service, and Task Type fields respectively with the Name field to improve default view usability.
- Enhanced validation on the agreement entity when setting the price list to ensure that the currency set on the price list is the same currency set on the related billing account. Previously, this validation was not present, which led to the potential for downstream errors on work order generation since the work order expects currency consistency between these two fields. Now, this validation is present at the agreement, ensuring agreement creation and update will protect downstream operations of the work order.
- Removed incorrect defaulting logic on creation of work order service, work order product, or work order service task records that were not related to a work order incident. Previously, these records would be associated to the primary incident’s customer asset; however, they will now be left blank by default as they are not necessarily related to the primary incident’s customer asset.
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 126.96.36.199)
- Includes all content from Field Service version 188.8.131.52
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 184.108.40.206)
- Corrected an issue on bookable resource booking forms where the Estimated Arrival Time field can appear as if it has been edited immediately after save (when it hasn’t been), making the form behave as if it had unsaved changes.
- Improved logic to allow for customizations to the work order form where the primary incident type is removed from the form to ensure that the out-of-the-box form logic has a null check for the Primary Incident Type field.
- Resolved an issue with missing localization strings on the IoT alert and IoT device entities, which could cause a script error.
- Fixed an issue on update of agreement booking incident, which produced an error if there was a related agreement booking service task with a null estimated duration.
- Resolved a problem with the agreement copy function that failed to copy agreements if there were deactivated agreement booking setup or agreement invoice setup records related to the agreement. The copy function will now successfully copy active records and ignore inactive records.
- Added a new Field Service health rule that will highlight agreement booking setup and agreement invoice setup records on which the latest workflow instance had failed which could keep expected work orders and invoices from being generated. Once detected, the rule also provides a button to resolve failed workflow instances.
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 220.127.116.11)
- Includes all content from Field Service version 18.104.22.168
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 22.214.171.124)
- Corrected a null reference error based on work order product form customizations to better handle when certain fields are removed from the form.
- Resolved an issue with the incident type duration suggestions feature that produced an error when a user clicked “Recalculate Suggestions” for large query results.
- Fixed an issue with agreement update, which produced a "Nullable object must have a value" error on updating end date of an agreement whose end date is null.
- Removed the following BPFs from the Field Service Mobile app module: case to work order, lead to opportunity sales, opportunity sales, phone to case.
- Improved logic to allow for customizations on work order creation from an agreement if there are customizations in place to automatically create more resource requirement records.
- Improved Field Service’s missing form libraries rule in Solution Health Hub to improve the rule description.
- Enhanced logic to in the opportunity quick create form to respect scenarios when an environment sets the “Account” field as business required to ensure that Field Service form logic does not set the field as optional.
(Includes Universal Resource Scheduling version 126.96.36.199)
- Improved crew booking validations, which ensure that the booked crew has at least one defined crew member for the date on which the booking is being created.
- Improved descriptions in upgrade scripts to make the script more comprehensible by an administrator by documenting deprecated upgrade script steps to minimize confusion.
- Fixed an issue that left the status null when created a new geofence, which could cause geofence events to not be created.
- Repaired a Field Service upgrade issue caused by a script that, when appropriate, created requirement group records. If the requirement group's name was too long, the script and upgrade would fail.
- Fixed an issue on the contact entity's geo code functionality that caused a script error if "Auto Geo-Code" was set to "No" in Field Service settings.
- Corrected an incorrect agreement booking setup recurrence validation error for "Too many days in month." Under certain circumstances, this error was thrown inappropriately.
- Resolved an issue with duplicate section and tab IDs in Connected Field Service that caused issues when trying to uninstall the solution.
- Corrected a null reference issue in Connected Field Service when loading the device summary control on the IoT alert form.
- Includes release of Dynamics 365 Field Service (Power App), a new mobile app for technicians built on the Power Platform. As part of this release, administrators will see a new app called "Field Service Mobile" in the list of apps.
- The following Field Service 2020 Wave 1 features in GA and Preview planned are included in this release:
- Incident type AI-based suggestions (preview)
- IoT alerts AI-based suggestions (preview)
- Use Power Automate flows (preview)
- Combined asset capabilities across Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management and Field Service
- Integration with Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Intune support for Field Service Mobile
- Next generation schedule board experience (preview)
- Enhanced work hours calendar for resources
- Requirement dependency for efficient workflow
- Resource scheduling dashboard
- Integrated technician time tracking
- Technician time-capture precision
- This release also includes all fixes included in the 188.8.131.528 EA package.
- Corrected some scenarios where the geo code function was called when "Auto Geo Code Addresses" was set to no.
- Corrected scenario where msdyn_payment was null on payment details; this scenario was improperly throwing the following error "The payment amount can't be less than total amount applied to invoices."
- Fixed an issue where price list not changing based on changes to work order's billing account. For organizations experiencing this issue, a fix is available through the "Advanced Settings" field in the Field Service settings entity, to not introduce a potentially disruptive change at this time. Copy the following string into the hidden field:
- Resolved an issue: the time-only control misinterpreted daylight savings time for certain timezones.
- Fixed an issue where form logic was not respecting environment configurations on the Lead entity. Customers can now set fields, like "Company," to be business required and the Field Service form logic will respect the setting.
- Corrected an issue on work order service: the "Total Amount" was not respecting the "Discount" when used in an editable grid.
- Removed the validation on bookable resource that required each bookable resource's name to be unique.
- Fixed an error on the quote booking product: under certain circumstances, the system would inaccurately throw the following error: "Enter an amount between $0.00 and $922,337,203,685,477.00."
- Fixed an issue on the work order quick create from account where the billing account did not populate correctly.
- Improved customer asset lookup experience from work order incident to ensure the form respects when organizations define their own default lookup view.
- Resolved issue: in certain timezones, agreement booking setup's preferred start time was not appropriately setting on agreement booking dates' booking date and the autocreated bookable resource booking based on the defined "Preferred Start Time."
- Fixed a scenario where, if an environment sets the default value of msdyn_linestatus to "Used," work order service creation would fail.
- Added a null reference check to correct an issue if work order service's "Duration to Bill" was not set.
- Fixed an issue where the "Generate Work Order" button from advanced find on agreement booking dates was not displaying and working properly.
- "Due Date" field value on invoices generated from agreement invoice date is one day early. For organizations experiencing this issue, a fix is available through the "Advanced Settings" field in the Field Service settings entity. Copy the following string into the hidden field:
- Resolved a bug on deactivated work order service records throwing an error when reactivated, "Object Reference Not Set to Instance of an Object."
- Corrected an unhandled error in geocoding that failed if the address contained an extra comma.
- For organizations that would prefer that work orders generated from cases open in the same window, this action can now be controlled through "Advanced Settings" field in the Field Service settings entity. Copy the following string into the hidden field if you would prefer work orders to open in the same tab in the same window:
The "Advanced Settings" field on Field Service settings is not added to the entity form by default.
Available in all regions by April 2020.
- Fixed an issue where agreement booking date generation fails when agreement is owned by a team.
- Resolved an issue where Field Service client-side logic fails when using contact form while in offline.
- Resolved purchase order product form customization issues where:
- If an organization removed the "Quantity Received" field from the purchase order product, they would be unable to create a new purchase order product record.
- Work order and warehouse values do not autopopulate if the fields are removed from the form.
- When using quick create form for a work order from an account, fixed an issue where some of the fields that were expected to autopopulate were not being populated.
- If the map control is removed from the work order form, it cannot be added back. The control has been locked to the form so that it cannot be removed from the form.
- Issue where the primary incident type record of a deactivated work order could not be deactivated; added a validation check to only allow the work order incident record to be deactivated when work order is deactivated.
184.108.40.2068 (2020 Wave 1 early access)
For more information about early access features, visit the opt-in instructions.
- Before a work order product or work order service is set to "Used," the total amount is not calculated.
- Previously, under some circumstances, a work order service line in estimated status could have a total amount value, despite not being set to used. This could result in challenges when looking at the work order's total amount and potential downstream invoice discrepancies.
- This also required an improvement to the work order product and work order service views to ensure we show both the estimated total amount and the total amount so users could understand the value in context of the line's current status.
- On the agreement booking/invoice setup, booking and invoice generation time (respectively) could be incorrect if the user who owns the agreement is in a time zone +1 or higher from UTC.
- Going forward, the system will consider the agreement booking/invoice setup owner's time zone when generating date records.
- This will now mean that agreement booking date and agreement invoice dates will be generated correctly and consistently, relative to the owner's time zone.
- Note: Be sure to validate that all existing agreement booking setups and agreement invoice setups owned by users +1 or greater than UTC are correctly configured to generate invoices and work orders per organizational expectations.
- On tax codes, when "Act As Tax Group" is "Yes," tax rate percentage and items taxable should be hidden.
- When a tax code is configured to act as a tax group, the tax rate and items taxable should be hidden from the user as these values come from the applicable related tax code details for a tax group.
- Further, on the tax code, when "Act as Tax Group" is "Yes," a form notification will now show on the form to highlight that tax code details are required for taxes to apply when you use the tax code.
- On the opportunity entity's main form, account shouldn't be mandatory if order type is not "Service-Maintenance Based."
- When creating an opportunity, the account field should only be mandatory if the order type is "Service-Maintenance Based."
- On the agreement booking/invoice setup, if a user's time zone was GMT +1 or higher, it autocalculated the default range of recurrence to one day before agreement start/end.
- When defining an agreement booking/invoice setup as a user in a time zone +1 or higher from UTC, then the range of recurrence on the record's recurrence string was always one day before the start/end date of the related agreement's start/end date.
- Will now calculate the default recurrence range appropriately based on the user creating the record's time zone.
- Deprecated quote booking setup's margin tab and calculation logic.
- Formerly, on the quote booking setup form, there was a tab that attempted to calculate the margin of the proposed booking setup.
- Under certain circumstances, this margin calculation could be incorrect.
- Due to the limited usage of the feature and the complexity involved in supporting every permutation of possible configuration with corrected calculations, removed the tab and related calculation logic.
- Introduced better validation messaging if a user tries to increase the quantity on a quote line for service-based lines.
- Prevent agreement booking service task from saving when task type lookup field is null.
- If an organization customized the agreement booking service task entity to make the task type optional, it resulted in downstream errors when trying to generate work order service tasks.
- As such, registered a synchronous plugin that will prevent the creation of an agreement booking service task if task type is null.
- Fixed typo in error message when an incident type requirement group is related to an empty requirement group template.
- Prevent work order service from saving when the service lookup field is null.
- If an organization customized the work order service entity to make the service optional, could result in downstream errors.
- As such, registered a synchronous plugin that will prevent the creation of a work order service if service is null.
- Improved the warning notification message on the "Geo Code Address" button when you disable Bing Maps.
Available in all regions.
- Agreement booking service task's name is overwritten when the related task type changes.
- Cannot complete booking that has travel time if the travel charge type on the related work order's account is null.
- Script error when you remove account field from the opportunity quick create form.
- On creation of account record based on postal code functionality, service territory repeats autopopulated, even after the customer removes the initial autopopulated value.
- Consistency issue in Field Service's Solution Health Hub rule naming when referring to SDK message processing steps.
- Work order plugin error for SLA KPI instance.
- Improve error messages when the user attempting an action is missing "Field Service Setting" read privilege.
- Form logic always turns incident type to not required based on work order type, regardless of field settings.
- Bookings aren't shared consistently to all resources on multi-booking work orders.
- Deleting and recreating a booking associated with a work order changes the shared users of booking.
- TypeError: Cannot read property "getDefaultView" when requested by contact field removed from RMA form.
- Agreement invoice product currency set to base currency - the currency should set to agreement's price list currency.
- Removal of territory from work order doesn't remove from non-primary related requirements.
- Inappropriate command buttons shown for opportunity, quote, and order product and service-based lines sub grids.
- Field Service resource privilege exception on create and save of time-off request.
Field Service On-Premise
Field Service Online end-of-life for v7.x and earlier
Online versions of Field Service v7 and earlier are end of life and no longer supported. Microsoft will not service support requests for these versions of Field Service until you upgrade to the latest version.
You can upgrade legacy versions of Field Service directly from the admin center.
This upgrade is significant and has many potentially disruptive changes including data model, mobile, and interface changes. Review the Field Service playbook for more information. Prior to applying the upgrade to production, be sure to first test the upgrade on a non-critical, production-like environment.
All customers should upgrade all legacy versions of Field Service and Project Service Automation to the latest solution versions as soon as possible.