Platform updates for version 10.0.10 of Finance and Operations apps (May 2020)
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations has evolved into purpose-built applications to help you manage specific business functions. For more information about these changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide.
Functionality noted in this topic is available as part of a preview release. The content and the functionality are subject to change. For more information about preview releases, see Service update availability.
This topic lists the platform updates for version 10.0.10 of Finance and Operations apps. (These updates were formally referred to as Platform update 34.) This version has a build number of 7.0.5600 and is available on the following schedule:
- Preview release: March 2020
- General availability (self-update): April 2020
- Auto-update: May 2020
Features included in this release
- Embed actions in the message bar - For more information, see Messaging APIs - Action center, message bar, and message details.
- Updates to Saved views - For more information, see Saved views and Task recorder resources.
- Continued stabilization of the new grid control - For more information, see Grid capabilities.
For information about the bug fixes that are included in this update, sign in to LCS, and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 1 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 1 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated platform features
The Removed or deprecated platform features topic describes features that have been removed, or that are planned for removal in platform updates of Finance and Operations apps.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature isn't in active development and might be removed in a future update.
A deprecation notice will be added in the Removed or deprecated platform features topic 12 months before the removal of any feature from the product.
For breaking changes that affect only compilation time, but that are binary-compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these changes are functional updates that must be made to the compiler.