Platform updates for version 10.0.15 of Finance and Operations apps (January 2021)
This topic lists the features that are included in the platform updates for version 10.0.15 of Finance and Operations apps. This version has a build number of 7.0.5816 and is available on the following schedule:
- Preview release: October 2020
- General availability (self-update): November 2020
- Auto-update: January 2021
Features included in this release
- Azure Pipelines task for asset deployment now supports self-service environments
- For more information to enable this support, see Deploy assets by using Azure Pipelines.
- Specific full user license information is now available when configuring security and assigning roles to users.
- For more information, see Stay compliant with user licensing requirements.
- Regression suite automation tool (RSAT) 2.0
- For RSAT users, version 10.0.15 requires the latest version of RSAT to address a known issue. RSAT 2.0.7031.98 or newer will be available for download at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57357 on Monday, October 12, 2020.
For information about the bug fixes that are included in this update, sign in to Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS), and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 2 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 2 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated platform features
The Removed or deprecated platform features topic describes features that have been removed, or that are planned for removal in platform updates of Finance and Operations apps.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature isn't in active development and might be removed in a future update.
A deprecation notice will be added in the Removed or deprecated platform features topic 12 months before the removal of any feature from the product.
For breaking changes that affect only compilation time, but that are binary-compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these changes are functional updates that must be made to the compiler.