Platform updates for version 10.0.18 of Finance and Operations apps (May 2021)
Some or all of the functionality noted in this topic is available as part of a preview release. The content and the functionality are subject to change. For more information about preview releases, see Service update availability.
This topic lists the features that are included in the platform updates for version 10.0.18 of Finance and Operations apps. This version has a build number of 7.0.5968 and is available on the following schedule:
- Preview of release: March 2021
- General availability of release (self-update): April 2021
- General availability of release (auto-update): May 2021
Features included in this release
The following features are included in this release. Some of the listed features are still in preview, while others may already be generally available. See the release plan for official release dates for each feature.
Allow configuration of the publish batch size for the Excel add-in
- For more information, see View and update entity data with Excel.
Allow admins to select default document types
- For more information, see Configure document management.
Updates to the global address book
- For more information, see Address books FAQ.
Automatic retry settings for batch jobs
- In a cloud application, there is a chance of connection loss to the database. Currently, if the application experiences a connection loss, the batch jobs are terminated. In release 10.0.18, a retryable flag has been introduced, which sets a flag on every Microsoft batch job. This flag is used to safely retry batch jobs when a transient connection loss is experienced. This is a fully extensible property and can be extended to set the retry property on custom batch jobs.
Most of these features must be enabled using Feature management before you can use them.
For information about the bug fixes that are included in this update, sign in to Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS), and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365: 2021 release wave 1 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365: 2021 release wave 1 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated platform features
The Removed or deprecated platform features topic describes features that have been removed, or that are planned for removal in platform updates of Finance and Operations apps.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature isn't in active development and might be removed in a future update.
A deprecation notice will be added in the Removed or deprecated platform features topic 12 months before the removal of any feature from the product.
For breaking changes that affect only compilation time, but that are binary-compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these changes are functional updates that must be made to the compiler.