Security diagnostics for task recordings
Before you begin
This article provides information about how to analyze and manage security permission requirements based on a task recording. Before you complete the steps in this article, you must have a task recording of the business process that you want to analyze. To record a business process, see Task recorder resources.
Manage security for a task recording
- Go to System administration > Security > Security diagnostic for task recording.
- Open the task recording from its location. Select Open from this PC or Open from Lifecycle Services, and then select Close.
- This will open the Security menu item details page that lists the security objects required for the process.
The Action and Output menu items are not included in the list.
- In the User ID field, select a user. If the user does not have permissions for some menu items, the Missing permissions field will update to Yes.
Select Add Reference to see a list of the security objects, including roles, duties, and privileges that grant the missing permission.
Select a security object from the list:
- If Role is selected, select Add role to user. This will open the Assign users to roles page. For more information, see Assign users to security roles page.
- If Duty is selected, select Add duty to role, select the roles that the duty should be added to, and then select OK.
- If Privilege is selected, select Add privilege to duties, select the roles that the duty should be added to, and then select OK.
Submit and view feedback for