Configure the global address book
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is now being licensed as Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For more information about these licensing changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Update.
Use this procedure to set the default values and security policies for the global address book.
The demo data company used to create this task is USMF. This task is intended for the Planning and configuration team.
- In the Navigation pane, go to Modules > Organization administration > Global address book > Global address book parameters.
- In the Name sequence field, select how names should be shown.
- In Delete parties with no roles, select whether to delete parties with that have not been assigned a role.
- In Use duplicate check, select whether to check for duplicate records.
- In Display DUNS number on addresses, select whether to display the DUNS number on addresses.
- In Check for unique DUNS number, select whether to check for unique DUNS numbers.
- In the Party field, select an option.
- In the Customer field, select an option.
- In the Vendor field, select an option.
- In the Prospect field, select an option.
- In the Competitor field, select an option.
- Click the Private location security tab.
- In the list, find and select the desired record. Press the Shift key to select multiple roles to add to the Selected roles pane and then click the arrow to add the selected roles.
- Click Save.