Deposit customer payments
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is now being licensed as Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For more information about these licensing changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Update.
Deposit customer payments. This task uses the USMF demo company.
- Go to Navigation pane > Modules > Accounts receivable > Payments > Payment journal.
- Select New.
- In the Name field, select CustPay in the drop-down menu.
- Select Lines.
- In the Account field, select the customer for whom you are recording the payment.
- In the Credit field, enter the amount of the payment. You can choose to leave the amount blank, and have the system calculate it by selecting the invoices which were paid.
- In the Payment reference field, type a value. The payment reference could be the check number for the payment you are entering. The payment reference is required in order to include the payment on a deposit slip.
- Mark the box Use a deposit slip. If the payment should be included in the deposit, change this setting to Yes.
- Select New.
- In the Account field, select the customer for the next payment.
- In the Credit field, enter the payment amount.
- In the Payment reference field, type a value.
- Mark the box Use a deposit slip.
- Select Post. Payments must be posted before the deposit slip can be generated. This is to ensure that the payments don't change after the deposit slip is generated.
- Select Functions.
- Select Deposit slip.
- Select OK. The first page is used to create the deposit slip.
- Select OK. The second step is to print the deposit slip, but this step is not required.