Set Up the GetAddress.io UK Postcodes Extension
This extension makes it easy to enter addresses in the United Kingdom (UK) for entities like customers, contacts, employees, vendors, bank accounts, and so on.
The GetAddress.io UK Postcodes extension uses the getAddress API to find addresses in postcodes in the UK. To use the extension, you need to get a plan and an API Key for the getAddress API. We help you do that when you set up the GetAddress.io UK Postcodes extension. Plans are based on use, or what are sometimes referred to as "calls." A call, in this case, is when Finance and Operations, Business edition displays a list of addresses in a postcode. Depending on how often you add addresses, choose the plan that is best for you. If you just choose Get API Key you will use the Free plan, which lets you add 20 addresses per day, and is valid for 30 days.
To set up the GetAddress.io UK Postcodes extension
- Choose the icon, enter Service Connections, and then choose the related link.
- In the Service Connections window, choose UK Postcode Service.
- In the Postcode provider configuration page, choose Disabled.
- In the Postal code service selection window, choose GetAddress.io.
In the GetAddress.io Config window, choose Get API Key to open the Plans page on the website for the getAddress API.
You might need to allow pop-ups in your browser.
Purchase a plan, or just choose Get API Key, and then provide your email address.
- Open the email from getAddress.io, and copy the API key. The key is under the Your API Key heading.
- In the GetAddress.io Config window, paste the API key in the API Key field, and then choose OK.
- In the Service Connections page, verify that the Address Provider field shows GetAddress.io. If it does, the service is enabled.