Managing Interactions With Contacts
In Finance and Operations, Business edition, interactions are all types of communications between your company and your contacts. For example, communications can be by letter, fax, email, telephone, meetings, and so on.
The relationship management area enables you to record all the interactions you have with your contacts in order to keep track of the sales and marketing efforts you have directed at your contacts and to improve your future business interactions with them. Setting up your application to record interactions consists of these tasks:
- Setting up interaction templates
- Creating interactions on contacts or segments
- View and manage recorded interactions
Setting up Interaction Templates
Before you can create and record interactions, you must set up interaction templates. When creating interactions, you must specify the interaction templates they are based on. An interaction template is a model that defines the basic characteristics of an interaction. You set up an interaction template in the Interaction Templates window.
There are two ways of recording interactions:
- You can manually create interactions that are linked to a single contact or to a segment. For more information, see Create Interactions on Contacts and Segments.
- You can automatically record interactions when you perform actions in the application, for example, when you print an invoice, or quote. For more information, see Automatically Record Interactions with Contacts.
Viewing and managing Recorded Interactions
You can view all the recorded interactions that have not been deleted in the Interaction Log Entries window. You can open this window by:
- Using the Search for Page or Report icon to search on Interaction Log Entries.
- Choosing the Interaction Log Entries action on a contact or segment. The Interaction Log Entry window contains the interactions you create manually and the interactions that the application records automatically.
In this window, you can:
- View the status of interactions.
- Mark interactions as canceled.
You can delete interaction log entries that have been canceled. To delete interaction log entries, choose the icon, enter Delete Canceled Interaction Log Entries, and then choose the related link, and then fill in the information.