How to: Change Which Layout is Currently Used on a Report
A report can be set up with more than one report layout, which you can then switch among as needed.
Depending on the layouts that are available for a report, you can choose to use a built-in RDLC report layout, a built-in Word report layout, or a custom layout. For more information about RDLC and Word report layouts, built-in and custom layouts, and more, see Manage Report Layouts.
To change the layout that is used on a report
- Choose the icon, enter Report Layout Selection, and then choose the related link.
The Report Layout Selection window lists all the reports that are available for the company that is specified in the Company field at the top of the window. The Selected Layout field specifies the layout that is currently used on the report.
- Set the Company field at the top of the window to the company that includes the report.
To change the layout that is used by a report, in the row for the report in the list, set the Selected Layout field to one of the following options:
- RDLC (built-in), uses the built-in RDLC report layout on the report.
- Word (built-in), uses the built-in Word report layout on the report.
Custom, uses a custom layout on the report.
You can see which custom layouts are available for the report in the Report Layouts Part FactBox. If there are no custom layouts for the report, then you will have to create one first. If you choose this option, go to the next procedure to specify the custom layout that you want to use.
If you choose RDLC (built-in) or Word (built-in) and you get an error message that the report does not have a layout of the specified type, then you must choose another layout option or create a custom report layout of the type that you want to use.
If you selected a built-in RDLC or Word report layout, then no further action is required and the layout will be used the next time the report is run.
To specify a custom layout on a report
- You specify which custom layout to use on the report from the Custom Report Layouts window. If the Custom Report Layouts window is not open, then in the Report Layout Description field, choose the lookup button.
- In the Custom Report Layouts window, select the row for custom layout that you want to use, and then close the window.
You return to the Report Layout Selection window. The name of the selected custom layout displays in the Custom Layout Description field. The custom layout will be used the next time that you run the report.