Configure Common Data Service integration
You can turn integration between Common Data Service and Dynamics 365 Human Resources on or off. You can also view the synchronization details, clear tracking data, and resync an entity to help troubleshoot data issues between the two environments.
When you turn off integration, users can make changes in Human Resources or Common Data Service, but those changes aren't synced between the two environments.
By default, integration between Human Resources and Common Data Service is turned off.
You might want to turn off integration in these situations:
You're filling in data through the Data Management Framework and must import the data multiple times to get it into a correct state.
There are issues with data in either Human Resources or Common Data Service. If you turn off integration, you can delete a record in one environment without deleting it in the other. When you turn integration back on, the record in the environment where it wasn't deleted sync to the environment where it was deleted. Synchronization begins the next time the Common Data Service integration missed request sync batch job runs.
When you turn off data integration, make sure that you don't edit the same record in both environments. When you turn integration back on, the record that you last edited will be synced. Therefore, if you didn't make the same changes to the record in both environments, data loss can occur.
Access the Common Data Service integration page
In the Human Resources instance where you want to view or configure settings for the integration with Common Data Service, select the System administration tile.
Select the Links tab.
Under Integrations, select Common Data Service configuration.
Turn data integration between Human Resources and Common Data Service on or off
To turn on integration, set the Enable the integration to the Common Data Service option to Yes.
When you turn on integration, data will be synced the next time that the Common Data Service integration missed request sync batch job runs. All data should be available after the batch job is completed.
To turn off integration, set the option to No.
View data integration details
On the Administration FastTab of the Common Data Service integration page, you can see how records are linked together between Human Resources and Common Data Service.
- To view the records for an entity, select the entity in the CDS entity name field. The grid shows all the records that are linked to the selected entity.
Not all Common Data Service entities are currently listed. Only entities that support the use of custom fields appear in the grid. New entities become available through continuous releases of Human Resources.
The grid includes the following fields:
- CDS entity name – The name of the entity in Common Data Service.
- CDS entity reference – The identifier that Common Data Service uses to identify a record. This value is equivalent to a Human Resources RecId value. You can find the identifier when you open the Common Data Service entity in Microsoft Excel.
- Human Resources entity name – The entity that last synced data to Common Data Service. The entity can have either the Common Data Service prefix or another prefix.
- Human Resources reference – The RecId value that is associated with the record in Human Resources.
- Was deleted from CDS – A value that indicates whether the record was deleted from Common Data Service.
Remove the association of a record in Human Resources from Common Data Service
If you experience issues during data synchronization between Human Resources and Common Data Service, you might be able to resolve them by clearing the tracking and letting the tracking table be resynced. If you remove the association, and then change or delete a record in Common Data Service, the changes won't be synced to Human Resources. If you make changes in Human Resources, a new tracking record is created, and the record is updated in Common Data Service.
- To remove the association of a record between Human Resources and Common Data Service, select the entity in the CDS entity name field, and then select Clear tracking information.
To run a full synchronization on the entity after you clear the tracking, see the next procedure.
Sync an entity between Human Resources and Common Data Service
Use this procedure when:
Changes from Common Data Service take too long to appear in Human Resources.
You must refresh the tracking table after clearing the tracking.
To run a full synchronization on an entity between Human Resources and Common Data Service:
Select the entity in the CDS entity name field.
Select Sync now.