Create calendars and generate working times
Applies to these Dynamics 365 apps:
Calendars describe the capacity and working times of operations resources. This article explains how to define a work calendar based on a working time template. You can walk through this procedure in demo data company USMF, or using your own data.
- On the home page, select Resource lifecycle management.
- Select Calendars.
- Select New.
- In the Calendar field, classify your calendar. This is the ID of the calendar, which is used as a reference when assigning calendars, such as to an operations resource or a resource group.
- In the Name field, name your calendar.
- In the Standard work day in hours field, enter a number.
- Make sure the row is selected, then select Working times from the Action Pane.
- Select Compose working times. Generate working hours for each day in the period where you want to be able to schedule work. As time goes by, you can generate working times for additional periods.
- In the From date field, enter a date. This is the first day that this calendar must be open.
- In the To date field, enter a date. This is the last day that this calendar is open.
- In the Working time template field, enter or select a value. The working time template defines the working hours for each day of the week.
- Select OK.
- Close the page.