Create templates for emails, pages, forms, and journeys
As you've seen, each time you create a new email message, customer journey, marketing page, or marketing form, you start by choosing a template. Dynamics 365 Marketing includes sample templates to get you started, but you'll probably want to build your own to match your own organization's requirements and graphical identity.
When you create a template, the process is nearly the same as when you create an actual message, page, journey, or form. Go to one of the following pages to create a template:
- Marketing > Marketing templates > Journey templates
- Marketing > Marketing templates > Email templates
- Marketing > Marketing templates > Page templates
- Marketing > Marketing templates > Form templates
In each case, you'll start with a list of available templates, which you can open and edit as needed. And you can create a new template by selecting New on the command bar.
Here are some notes and best practices for working with templates:
- Content templates often establish a standard visual identity and branding for your communications. Design content templates in collaboration with your branding team, and reserve content areas for the marketer to enter content for each specific marketing activity.
- For customer journey templates, set up the basic pipeline and include descriptive names for each tile. However, you'll often leave many of the other tile settings unspecified.
- Journey templates can include default segments and suppression lists. For repetitive and similar marketing flows (like newsletters or product introductions), templates for proven customer journey structures help to get audiences, tagging, flow, and standard behaviors right.
- Templates remain in Dynamics 365 Marketing, so you don't need to go live with them.