Try or buy, and deploy Dynamics 365 Layout or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist
We’re excited to announce that Dynamics 365 Layout and Dynamics 365 Remote Assist are available for general use.
With Layout and Remote Assist, you can bridge the gap between the real and digital worlds to complete crucial tasks faster, safer, and more efficiently, and to create new ways to connect with customers and partners.
If you’re using the preview version of Layout, you have until December 31, 2018, to upgrade to the paid version. If you're using the preview version of Remote Assist, you have until March 2019 to upgrade to the paid version.
Subscribe to Layout or Remote Assist
You can subscribe to Layout or Remote Assist in any of the following ways:
Contact a Microsoft representative by:
- Calling us at 1-888-477-7989, or
- Requesting to be contacted at http://aka.ms/getmixedreality/.
Through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. You can also sign up for a free 30-day trial through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center (or the Partner Center Portal). Step-by-step instructions for logging in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center and subscribing or signing up for a free trial are provided below.
Subscribe or sign up for a free trial through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
Log in under your company's admin account.
If you don't know who your admin is, contact the IT help desk at your company to find out. Get more advice on admin accounts.
Under Billing in the left navigation, select Purchase services.
Scroll down to the Other plans section.
Find the product card for Dynamics 365 Layout or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist.
Do one of the following:
- To sign up for a free trial, on the product card, select Start free trial, and then follow the instructions.
- To subscribe, on the product card, select Buy now.
Assign licenses to users as described in the next procedure.
Assign licenses to users
After subscribing or signing up for a free trial, you’ll need to assign licenses to users in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center or Partner Center. Each user you assign a license to will need an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) account.
Assign a license to a user in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
In the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, under Billing in the left navigation, select Subscriptions, and then select Assign to users.
Select the users you'd like to assign the trial or subscription to, and then in the Bulk actions menu on the right side of the screen, select Edit product licenses.
In the Add to existing products screen, select the Add to existing product license assignments option, and then select Next.
Select the licenses you want to enable for the selected users (Dynamics 365 Remote Assist and/or Dynamics 365 Layout), and then select Add.
Make the apps available to your users
After you’ve subscribed and assigned licenses to your users through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center or Partner Center, you can make the apps available through one of the following:
- Microsoft Store for Consumers
- Microsoft Store for Business
If you use the Microsoft Store for Business, you can have users install the apps in any of the following ways:
- From your organization’s private store
- From an email link that you send
- Through mobile device management (MDM)
Install the apps from the Microsoft Store for Consumers
For information on installing the apps from the Microsoft Store for Consumers, use the following links:
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist User Guide
- Dynamics 365 Layout User Guide. Users will need to install both Dynamics 365 Layout and Dynamics 365 Import Tool (Preview).
- When users launch the apps, they’ll need to use the same Azure AD accounts that the admin assigned in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- The Layout app requires users to be online once every 30 days to validate their subscription.
Distribute the apps through the Microsoft Store for Business
Go to the Store for Business.
Choose one of the following distribution methods: