Configure and manage custom presence
Omnichannel for Customer Service is a paid add-on to Dynamics 365 Customer Service apps that use the Unified Interface. It is available only when you purchase a subscription to Chat for Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 for Digital Messaging. For information about pricing, see the Customer Service page.
Presence status indicates an agent's availability.
A presence status consists of two elements:
- Base status: The base presence status which indicates an agent's status. Work distribution system distributes work items to agents according to base statuses. There are five base statuses – Available, Busy, Busy-DND, Away, and Offline. The base statuses are available to be selected as Allowed Presences while creating a work stream.
- Presence text: The text that is associated with a specific base status. This is the text that is visible to agents.
Out of the box presence statuses
Out of the box, Omnichannel provides the following presence statuses:
- Busy - DND
You cannot edit or delete these out of the box presence statuses.
Create custom presence status
In addition to the out-of-box presence statuses, admins can configure custom presence statuses for agents. For example, if the agents on your team want to attend a training, you can create a custom Away – In Training presence status.
Follow these steps to create a new presence record.
In the Omnichannel site map, go to Agent Experience > Custom Presence.
The Active Presences view is shown.
On the command bar, select New to create a presence record.
On the Summary tab, provide the following information:
- Name: Enter a name for the custom presence status.
- Presence Text: Enter presence text that should be associated with the new custom entity.
- Base Status: Select the most applicable base status in the list.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the custom presence record.
Select Save to save the new presence record.