Welcome to the documentation for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations on docs.microsoft.com. We are migrating our content here from the Dynamics 365 for Operations Help Wiki.
This topic lists resources to help you use Power BI with Dynamics 365 for Operations.
Power BI content for Dynamics 365 for Operations
|Feature area||Power BI content||Where to find the Power BI content||Learn more|
|Financial management||Financial performance||Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS) (This version of the content pack supports Dynamics 365 for Operations version 1611.) PowerBI.com (This version of the content pack supports Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations 7.0 and 7.0.1.)||Financial Performance Power BI content|
|Credit and collections management||LCS|
|Human capital management||Recruiting reports||LCS||Recruiting Power BI content|
|Employee competencies and development reports||LCS||Employee Competencies and Development Power BI content|
|Organizational training reports||LCS||Organizational Training Power BI content|
|Workforce metrics||LCS||Workforce Metrics Power BI content|
|Compensation and benefits reports||LCS||Compensation and Benefits Power BI content|
|Project management and accounting||Practice manager||LCS|
|Retail and commerce||Retail channel performance||PowerBI.com||Retail Channel Performance Power BI content|
|Supply chain management||Cost management||PowerBI.com||Cost management Power BI content|
|Sales and profitability performance||LCS||Sales and profitability performance Power BI content|
|Purchase spend analysis||LCS||Purchase spend analysis Power BI content|
|Cost accounting analysis||LCS||Cost accounting analysis Power BI content|
Access Power BI content from LCS
For information about how to download Power BI content and connect it to your organization's data, see Power BI content in LCS from Microsoft and your partners.
Access Power BI content from PowerBI.com
- Sign in to PowerBI.com.
- Click Get Data.
- In the Services box, click Get.
- Select the content pack that you want, and then click Get.
- Enter the URL of your Dynamics 365 for Operations environment. The URL must be in the format https://<YourAOSTenant>.cloudax.dynamics.com. Click Next.
- Select oAuth2 as the authentication method, and then click Sign in.
- When you're prompted, enter a Microsoft Office 365 account that has permission to access your Dynamics 365 for Operations environment.
- After you've signed in, the import process begins automatically. When the import is completed, the reports that are included in the content pack appear in the navigation pane. Select a report to view your imported data.
Learn more about the Power BI integration
- Power BI integration
- Overview of Power BI integration with Entity store
- Author and distribute Power BI reports with Entity store
- Pin Power BI reports to workspaces
- Power BI content in LCS from Microsoft and your partners
- Use an Electronic reporting configuration to provide Power BI with data from Dynamics 365 for Operations