Welcome to the documentation for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations on docs.microsoft.com. We are migrating our content here from the Dynamics 365 for Operations Help Wiki.
This topic explains how to deploy a single-box Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations demo environment on Microsoft Azure through Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS).
Before you begin your deployment, the following prerequisites must be in place:
- Verify that you have a Microsoft Azure subscription, and that you are a co-administrator on it.
- Verify that you have access to a Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS) project and permissions to deploy an environment.
- Verify that you’ve connected your Azure subscription to your LCS project by using the information in the Azure Resource Manager onboarding topic.
Deploy a Dynamics 365 for Operations demo environment on Azure
Use this procedure to deploy a single-box Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations demo environment on Azure through LCS.
- In LCS, open your project, and then, in the Environments section, click the plus sign (+).
- Select the Azure environment topology, and then select Demo.
- Select most recent Azure Resource Manager (ARM) topology. Currently, the most recent topology is Dynamics 365 for Operations – Demo (Release 1611 – ARM enabled).
- In the Deploy environment dialog box, enter the name of the environment. This name should be unique in the Azure subscription. To make environments easy to identify, you might want to form an acronym from the user’s name and the topology.
- Select the size of the virtual machine (VM). All the sizes for VMs that are enabled for ARM end with v2. You must use D* v2 sizes for Dynamics 365 for Operations workloads. We recommend D12v2.
- Set the Instances field to 1. Note: The size of the VM and the number of instances affect the cost of your subscription. For more information, see the Azure pricing page.
- Click Advanced settings to add customizations to your deployment. However, for the demo environment, we recommend that you keep the default settings.
- Agree to the licensing and pricing terms, and then click Next.
- In the Confirm message box, click Deploy.
- Open the Cloud hosted environments page to view the status of the deployment. After the deployment is successfully completed, the environment will be ready to demo Dynamics 365 for Operations.
Open the Dynamics 365 for Operations client
Use this procedure to connect to the VM where the Dynamics 365 for Operations demo instance is installed.
- In LCS, open the Cloud-hosted environments page, and select the demo environment that you just deployed.
- Scroll to the right and in the Environment details pane, under Cloud services, click Log on to Dynamics 365 for Operations.