Welcome to the documentation for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations on docs.microsoft.com. We are migrating our content here from the Dynamics 365 for Operations Help Wiki.
Start here to onboard quickly and learn the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations UI.
The following resources provide an overview of how to work with your partner to get onboarded to Dynamics 365 for Operations and how to use Dynamics 365 for Operations Lifecycle Services.
- Microsoft FastTrack for Dynamics 365 overview
- Sign up for a subscription
- Lifecycle Services (LCS) for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations customers
- How customers who purchased Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations through a Cloud Service Provider can get the on-premises version of Dynamics AX 2012
The following resources provide information about the Dynamics 365 for Operations user experience.
- What's new in the Dynamics 365 for Operations user experience (Office Mix)
- Personalizing the user experience
- Configuring and filtering workspaces
- Navigation search
- Action search
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Display pages side-by-side using the Open in New Window icon
- Advanced filtering and query options
- Dynamics 365 for Operations client FAQ
- Change the banner or logo (Task guide)
The following resources provide an overview of the Help system and explain how to view field descriptions.
- Getting started with Help
- Connect the Help system
- How to view and export field descriptions
- Dynamics 365 for Operations help system (fact sheet)
Task recordings and Task guides
Task Recorder is a Dynamics 365 for Operations tool that you can use to record the actions that you take in the user interface (UI). When you create a task recording, all events that are executed against the server are recorded as you perform them in the UI. These events include adding values, changing settings, and removing data. A task guide is a controlled, guided, interactive experience that leads you through the steps of a task recording. You can open (or play) a task guide from the Help system.
- Connecting the help system
- Task Recorder in Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Create documentation or training using Task recordings
- New task guides available (February 2016)